Dirt Drivers 2 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
MBSLM Series
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlighhts from Midwest Fall Brawl at I-80 Speedway 9/12/20

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

MBSLM Series Rep
Posted on 9/13/2020 1:02:39 AM

Lucky #7 for Pospisil after Midwest Fall Brawl Triumph
By Anthony Ainslie
8/12/20

It was a return to the home track for the Malvern Bank Super Late Models West Series as the tour returned to I-80 Speedway Saturday night.
Round 13 for the West Series in 2020 was the tour’s fourth visit to the I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Nebraska. A field of 29 cars made the trip to the Cornhusker State for the 8th annual Casey’s General Stores Midwest Fall Brawl.
The night started late as the track crew worked to get the pit area packed and cleaned after the previous four days had overcast and off and on rainfall.
Corey Zeitner sat on the pole for Saturday’s 30-lap main event. Zeitner led the opening lap before points leader Tad Pospisil passed him for the lead as they came off turn two on the second lap.
A couple of yellow flags came out for a pair of multiple-car spins in turn one on lap 7 and on the front stretch on lap 12. Pospisil hit his marks on the restarts and proceeded to pull away from the rest of the field.
The best racing happened throughout the rest of the top five as Andrew Kosiski and Jason Rauen dualed it out for the second position. Corey Zeitner had company from Cory Dumpert and Bill Leighton Jr. as they trio battled for the fifth position.
When the dust settled, Tad Pospisil seeled the deal on his seventh win of the 2020 season, his second at I-80 Speedway on the year, and his 24th Malvern Bank/Haulin’ with Hoker Trucking Super Late Models feature win.
Andrew Kosiski took second while Tyler Bruening worked his way to third. Jason Rauen took fourth, and Bill Leighton Jr. charged from the 17th starting position to round out the top five.
The Malvern Bank West series will return to the I-80 Speedway in just seven days-time as the tour will be part of the final night of the Al Belt Custom Homes I-80 Nationals on September 19th. After that, the Haulin’ with Hoker Trucking East Series will return to action for their third and final visit to the Davenport Speedway in Davenport, Iowa.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2020.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.