Dirt Drivers 22 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
MBSLM Series
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlights from I-80 Dirt Classic at I-80 Speedway 6/12/20

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

MBSLM Series Rep
Posted on 6/13/2020 12:08:37 AM

Wyman Breaks nine-year drought with I-80 Dirt Classic Triumph
By Anthony Ainslie
6/12/20

A 100+ race winless street was snapped at I-80 Speedway Friday night as the Malvern Bank West Series finished off its three-day mid-week swing.
The Malvern Bank Super Late Models West Series went on its own Friday after racing with the Haulin with Hoker Trucking East Series the previous two nights. The tour headed to the series’ home track, the I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Nebraska for the I-80 Dirt Classic. The race also marked I-80’s 2020 season opener after the first two months of racing were cancelled from the coronavirus outbreak.
A field of 28 cars made the trip out to I-80 Speedway, and at the end of the night, 22 of them battled it out for 30 laps on the high banks.
Pole sitter JC Wyman broke out to the early lead while Kyle Berck and Corey Zeitner went side by side for the second position. Wyman led going into the first of two cautions, the first coming on lap six for a spin in turn two.
As the race progressed, Wyman continued to lead, but Kyle Berck began reeling in Wyman and posed a challenge for the lead. After the halfway mark, Berck put Wyman to the test and through multiple slide job attempts for the lead, but Wyman beat the seven-time series champ to the top of the corner exit each and every time.
After a slow car brought out the final yellow flag with nine laps to go, Bill Leighton Jr. snuck into the top three and gave Berck a challenge for second. Meanwhile, Wyman continued to hit his marks riding around on the top side of the racetrack.
The Griswald, Iowa driver managed to hold off Berck and picked up the $3,000 paycheck and the I-80 Dirt Classic victory. It was only Wyman’s second career series win, but it was his first since being victorious back in June of 2011 at the Riviera Raceway which closed in 2014. Wyman’s 151 race winless drought was the sixth longest in the series before it was finally broken.
Kyle Berck finished second bouncing back after a frustrating race the night before at Hamilton County Speedway. Bill Leighton Jr. finished off the three-race stretch with his third straight podium finish coming in third. Corey Zeitner took fourth, and Jeff Aikey backed up his win at Hamilton County with a fifth-place finish.
The Malvern Bank West Series now takes the next weekend off and then returns to action for a two-day swing scheduled for July 11 and 12 at Junction Motor Speedway and Boone County Raceway.
Meanwhile, the Haulin with Hoker Trucking East Series gears up for a three-race swing June 19-21. The tour makes two Iowa stops, first at C J Speedway in Columbus Junction and then 34 Raceway in Burlington, and then they finish off the weekend on Sunday at the Bullring at the Rock Island County Fairgrounds in East Moline, Illinois.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2020.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.