Dirt Drivers 291 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
I-80 Speedway (NE)
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlights from Casey's General Stores Midwest Fall Brawl 9/11/21

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

I-80 Speedway Rep
Posted on 9/11/2021 11:43:59 PM

Hahn Dominates Fall Brawl. Neal wins Super Late Model Track Championship. Merril wins Classic Stock Car Feature
By Anthony Ainslie
9/11/21

I-80 Speedway was back in action Saturday with the track’s latest edition of the Casey’s General Stores Midwest Fall Brawl.
The stars of the Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series National Tour was in action for their annual stop to I-80 Speedway. Saturday also marked the final points night for the NASCAR Super Late Model division. Also, the Midwest Classic Stock Car Association was on hand for their annual stop on their tour.
In Saturday’s 30-lap ASCS sprint car main event, point leader Blake Hahn jumped out to a commanding lead to start things off. He led before the red flag came out for a two-car incident in turn which took Joey Danley and Seth Brahmer out of the race. Both drivers were okay from the wreck.
When Racing resumed, Hahn led while Carson McCarl and Jake Bubak battle for the second spot. As the race ran on, ASCS regular J.J. Hickle ran the outside lane to join the battle for the podium spots.
At the end of 30 circuits, it was Blake Hahn standing tall. The driver out of Sapulpa, Oklahoma took home the $4,000 paycheck marking his first win at I-80 Speedway. Carson McCarl took second while J.J. Hickle finished third. Dylan Westbrook came on strong late to finish fourth, and Jake Bubak rounded out the top five.
The super late model championship feature was a tight final battle. Ben Schaller led for the majority of the race, but as the race progressed, point leader Jake Neal and second in the point standings, Bill Leighton Jr., caught up to Schaller, and after a late caution with six to go, the top three in the championship points settled the score in a dash to the finish.
Schaller led until Neal through a slide job on him for the lead as they came down to the white flag. Neal would hold on to take home the win as well as secure the 2021 I-80 Speedway Track Championship in the NASCAR Super Late Model division. Schaller and Leighton took second and third while Corey and Justin Zeitner finished out the top five.
The Midwest Classic Stock Car feature saw a great battle for the lead early on between Larry Knop and Bill Rost. The two went back and forth for the lead, and before long, Mike Merrill joined in and made it a three-car race for the feature win.
A caution on the last lap set up a one-lap dash to the finish. Merrill led while Rost was second. The two were side-by-side for almost the entire lap. As they came off turn four, Merrill got the run he needed to take the win. The Grand Island native also picked up the trophy dash win earlier in the night as well as his heat race to make for a clean sweep on the night.
Bill Rost would have to settle for second while Ryan Cech charged late to take third. Eric Cerny took fourth, and Larry Knop rounded out the top five.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

Muscle Cars

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2021.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.