Dirt Drivers 412 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
I-80 Speedway (NE)
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlights from Night 2 of Al Belt Custom Homes I-80 Nationals 7/21/21

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

I-80 Speedway Rep
Posted on 7/22/2021 12:57:16 AM

Erb Dominates Second Prelim of I-80 Nationals, earns Pole for Thursday’s Main Event. Dickes wins Bragging Rights Finale
By Anthony Ainslie
7/21/21

It was another full night of late models Wednesday as the second preliminary night of the Al Belt Custom Homes I-80 Nationals was on the card.
The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and Bragging Rights late models were both back in action. The night was the final night for the Bragging Rights late models while the drivers for the Lucas Oil Series had one more chance to lock themselves Thursday’s $30,000 to win feature event.
It was Three-Time Series Champion Jonathan Davenport taking the fastest qualifier award, but it was Meridian, Mississippi’s Spencer Hughes on the pole for the 30-lap preliminary feature.
Tyler Erb jumped out to the early race lead after beating Hughes to the first corner, and from there, the New Waverly, Texas driver never looked back.
Multiple drivers who had good runs the night before struggled on Wednesday night. On lap six, a multi-car pileup collected Kyle Bronson, Brandon Sheppard, Josh Richards, Jake Neal, and Chad Simpson. Of those involved, Bronson and Neal were both knocked out of the race.
Trouble then struck Tuesday night’s runner-up finisher Hudson O’Neal as he had mechanical issues on lap ten. The Martinsville, Indiana native would finish 22nd.
The final caution came out when Scott Bloomquist cut a left-rear tire which set up an eight-lap dash to the finish. Erb hit his marks while Ricky Weiss and Ricky Thornton Jr. hammered the cushion trying to gain any edge they could.
When it was all said and done, Erb took home the $7,000 paycheck. It was the first feature win at I-80 Speedway for him as well as Best Performance Motorsports. Ricky Weiss had to settle for second, his career best finish at I-80 while Ricky Thornton Jr. took his second straight third-place finish. Tuesday’s Winner Brandon Overton finished fourth with Stormy Scott rounding out the top five.
The Bragging Rights late model feature saw Kale Kosiski take the opening lead. The Ralston, Nebraska driver led the first three circuits of the 23-lap main event before Travis Dickes made the pass for the lead on lap four.
From that point on, Dickes ran away with the show while Jesse Sobbing and Cole Wayman had a hard-fought battle for second.
However, no one could catch Dickes. The Madison, Nebraska native scored a convincing victory and took home $3,500 at the end of the night. Sobbing and Wayman took the other podium spots while Cory Dumpert and Kyle Prauner rounded out the top five.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

Muscle Cars

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2021.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.