Dirt Drivers 289 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
I-80 Speedway (NE)
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlights from Tuesday Tickler 4/13/21

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

I-80 Speedway Rep
Posted on 4/14/2021 12:05:03 AM

Jackson Wins Caution Free MLRA Season Opener at I-80. Grabowski and Bridge win Modifieds and Bragging Rights Late Models
By Anthony Ainslie
4/13/21

Tuesday was an unusual day for a race, but the stars were shining as the Lucas Oil MLRA late model series kicked off their 2021 season at I-80 Speedway.
For the first time since 2017, I-80 Speedway played host to the Lucas Oil MLRA series. After the series’ initial opening weekend in Wheatland, Missouri was rained out, I-80’s Tuesday Tickler served as the first race of the year. A field of 34 late models made the trip on a chilly Tuesday night to get the hunt for the MLRA championship underway. I-80’s modified and Bragging Rights late model divisions were also on the card for the night.
For the 35-lap main event for the MLRA, fastest qualifier Jason Papich led the field to the green flag, but it was Mason Oberkramer who jumped to the early lead. The Broseley, Missouri led the first two circuits before late model legend Billy Moyer Sr. took over the lead.
As the race neared the halfway mark, Moyer had a challenge from former series champion Tony Jackson Jr. Moyer led while lapped traffic became heavier which allowed Jackson to close in.
With 20 laps remaining, Jackson caught and passed Moyer for the lead in lapped traffic. Jackson ran away and hid while Moyer slipped back. Moyer got into a heated battle with Oberkramer for the fourth spot while Ashton Winger and Chase Junghans went at it briefly for second.
In the end, it was Tony Jackson Jr. taking top honors. The 2013 series champion from Lebanon, Missouri took home the $5,000 pay day when it was all said and done. Junghans and Winger took the other podium spots while Oberkramer and Moyer rounded out the top five.
In the modified feature, Beatrice’s Jordan Grabowski made quick work of the field like he did two weeks prior at the Spring Meltdown. He led all 18 circuits and survived a green-white-checkered finish after a late caution to capture his second modified win of the year.
Ryan Jenkins took second while Cody Thompson, in his first full year of modified racing, finished third. Chase Rudolf and Justin Gregg finished out the top five.
In the Bragging Rights late model division, it was Robbie Jorgensen who led the first three laps of the 18-lap feature before last year’s points runner-up at the speedway, Jake Bridge took over the lead. Jorgensen and Bridge quickly jumped to first and second at the start, but Jorgensen began to fade after Bridge took the top spot.
Zack VanSurksum was the only caution of the race when he spun in turn two on lap seven. He’d go on to finish 11th.
When the dust settled, it was Jake Bridge cruising to a convincing victory taking the first Bragging Rights late model feature of the 2021 season. Defending track champion Jacob Brown came in second while Todd Cooney, Andrew Tilley and Robbie Jorgensen rounded out the top five.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

Muscle Cars

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2021.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.