Dirt Drivers 230 Active Users
Register Now  |  Log In
Home   Message Boards   Classifieds   Dirt Driver Directory(tm)   Race Results   Rainout Report(tm)
Login  |   Register Now  |   Memberships  |   Links  |   Chat Room  |   Apparel  |   Advertising  |   Suggestion Box  |   About Us

View Advertiser Index
Message Board
I-80 Speedway (NE)
Post a New Response
Return to Message Board Subjects

Subject: Highlights from Spring Meltdown Night 1

Posted byMessage
Ant9000

I-80 Speedway Rep
Posted on 4/6/2019 12:48:58 AM

Juhl wins Nebraska 360 season opener. Oakes takes sport compact victory
By Anthony Ainslie
4/5/19

I-80 Speedway officially kicked off the 2019 season Friday with the first race for the Carpet Land Nebraska 360 Sprint Car Series and sport compacts.
Twenty-eight sprints and 27 compacts made the trip to Greenwood to start their years on the right track on a windy evening.
A couple of early cautions slowed the beginning of the race, but as the drivers settled in, Jack Dover led the way. That would change following a lap seven restart when Matt Juhl pulled a massive slidejob move for the lead. Dover took the lead back the following lap before another caution to come out followed by Juhl retaking the lead on the restart.
Dover dropped off the track following Juhlís pass and took his first DNF of the season finishing 16th.
As for Juhl, he went on to lead the rest of the way and scored his first win at I-80 Speedway of his career. Justin Henderson was second while Jason Martin, Sather Brahmer, and Chris Martin rounded out the top five.
Fridayís sport compact feature saw former I-80 Speedway Track Champion Denny Berghahn Jr. take the early lead. However, his lead was short lived as he spun out and broke down while leading with only seven laps remaining.
This gave the lead to last yearís track champion Steffen Oaks. The Lincoln driver pulled away from the rest of the pack while five cars fought it out for second.
Oaks picked up the win with Dustin Grout coming in second and Drake Bohlmeyer, Terry Tritt and Curtis Miller rounding out the top five.

Post Your Response View Messages
View dirtdrivers.com Membership Information

To post messages you must be logged in as a member of dirtdrivers.com.

View Copyright Infringement Contact Information

View Advertiser Index

Register
Become a registered user of dirtdrivers.com!
 Register Now!

Dirt Driver Directory
Ever wondered what your favorite driver does for a living? When he or she started racing? What is behind the number on the car? You don't have to wonder anymore!
 View Dirt Driver Directory

Classifieds
Looking for any new or used racing parts? Check out our online classified section to help find the parts you need!
 View Classifieds

Suggestion Box
Have a suggestion for dirtdrivers.com? Send us an email or drop a suggestion into our Suggestion Box! We welcome your ideas!
 Visit Suggestion Box

© Copyright by dirtdrivers.com 2019.
All rights reserved. Reproduction of material appearing on this Web site
is strictly prohibited without written permission.